RAM 1500 Plowing Capabilities
Winter is approaching quickly and we all know the snow in Massachusetts can lay on thick when it gets cold. However, with your hands on one of the best trucks for snow plowing, you will be able to tackle the fluffy white pile easily. If you are considering a new RAM 1500, then you might be asking “Can you put a plow with a new RAM 1500?” Absolutely! When you order a new RAM 1500 with the factory snow plow prep package built-in, you can take on the snow in the Leominster area. Learn more below with Ron Bouchard Chrysler Dodge RAM!
Factory RAM 1500 Snow Plow Prep Package
With a RAM 1500 model that’s equipped with the snow plow prep package, you will be able to use your truck to plow the snow that is in your worksite or near your Fitchburg home. The snow removal prep package includes:
- A 220-amp alternator,
- A rear power-sliding window, and
- A rear window defroster.
Keep in mind, this snow plow prep package can only be included when the RAM 1500 model is being built in the factory. This means that if you want a pickup that can plow snow, you will need to order one with this package so that the three features can be built into the model. Another thing to keep in mind is that this package doesn’t include the plow itself as it only has features that allow you to equip the plow and necessary parts on your RAM 1500.
Which is the Best Pickup Truck for Snow Plowing?
The new RAM 1500 is one of the best pickup trucks for snow plowing out on the market currently for several reasons:
- Plowing Capability Without Big Upgrade: Since the factory snow plow prep package is available on lower trim levels, this means you won’t have to upgrade to higher trims to enjoy this capability!
- Available on Various Engines: With several engine options that you can equip this package on, you can select the level of performance that you’re looking for. Besides the promising specs, these reliable engines are also backed up by the 5-year/100,000-mile diesel powertrain limited warranty or the 5-year/60,000-mile gas powertrain limited warranty.
- 4×4 Models Available: You can also opt for a 4×4 model, which is an added bonus for an ideal pickup truck for snow plowing besides a reliable engine and a powerful alternator.
- Durable Frame: What about what’s on the outside? The new Ram 1500 is constructed with a 98% high-strength steel frame, so it is designed for durability.
These are just some of the reasons why this RAM truck is the best pickup truck for snow plowing as opposed to other competitors, like the Chevy Silverado.
Let the RAM 1500 Take Care of Your Jobs All Four Seasons!
Now that you know that you can put a plow on a RAM 1500, explore what else this truck is capable of! No matter what the season is, this pickup truck can meet all of your demands. Interested in getting your hands on a RAM 1500 that can equip a snow plow? Place your custom order now and feel free to contact us with any questions!
More from Ron Bouchard Chrysler Dodge RAM
The RAM 1500 is known for its rugged capabilities and reliability, but what is it like to spend time inside the cabin during a Leominster commute or Fitchburg job site? Depending on the configuration, the 2024 RAM 1500 can be optioned from the base Tradesman work truck to the luxurious Limited to the hardcore…
While the new RAM 1500 offers impressive capabilities, the bold 2024 RAM 2500 is built for work offering the performance required of Leominster job sites and Fitchburg families who tow their toys to their favorite off-road spot. As with the RAM 1500, the heavy-duty RAM 2500 similar trim levels offer many of the same…
Looking for a rugged pickup truck that can take on any Leominster job with ease? The new 2024 Ram 1500 towing capacity places it squarely in best-in-class territory, meaning you’ll be able to tow more, haul more, and work harder than ever before. Just how much can a Ram 1500 tow? When properly equipped,…